Tuesday, April 29, 2014

His: Y is for Yardage

I can't believe April is almost over and that we only have 2 letters to go for the A-Z Challenge.
Y is for Yardage!
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/
    As some of you know, I started sewing about 4 months ago, and like many other crafters, I am starting to accumulate a small stash of fabric. Its mostly leftover scraps from projects that I have completed, but there is quite a few yards of material in my fabric bucket for projects that I have not started yet. In today's post I wanted to share some of my favourite fabrics that I bought for projects that I have completed. 

 This is the first fabric that I bought right after I got my sewing machine. I am using it for a quilt for my niece that is still a work in progress (I blogged about it earlier in the month, click here to read that post)

Sometimes you can find some really fun patterns in the fabric store. I sewed a surgical scrub hat for my sister (She is a O.R nurse) with the dog fabric, and a knitting project bag for one of Amanda's friends with the cats and the fish tank fabric.

These two are pretty loud, and once I saw them I had projects already in mind for them. The one on the left is on the back of the monkey quilt and a knitting project bag, and the one on the right was used for a knitting project bag that is currently for sale in my Etsy store.

The fabric on the left was made into a knitting project bag (yes I have made a lot of those), and the whales on the right was a fabric my sister-in-law selected for a high chair spill mat.





The brown and blue fabric is for a tote bag that I am making for Amanda, which I hope to finish either today or tomorrow. I made a knitting project bag with the green Hello Kitty Fabric. I also made a pacifier clip out of this fabric and it is for sale at my Etsy Store.

Amanda picked out the fabric on the left and in the center for her two knitting project bags. The chevron pattern on the right was made into a pillowcase dress for my niece.

I have some pictures of the finished projects using some of these fabrics in my "Sewing up a Storm" post. Once I get some of my unfinished projects done I hope to make some more items for my Etsy store so I can use up some of this wonderful fabric. I have so many favourite fabrics it is hard to choose which one is my favourite. Which one do you like best?


3 comments:

  1. Sean and Amanda. Love stopping by for a review of your projects and visits to Australia, the place of my someday dreams. Thank you for the beautiful shots on the railroad car. We collect fabric too. Whenever we find fabric we like that's on sale, we add to our collection for future projects. I am not a seamstress myself, but my two daughters both love to sew. Enjoy your new sewing hobby. Almost to the A to Z finish line! Maria, Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so neat, Sean, that you are the sewer! Lots of assortments of fabrics and projects you are working on! Hard to pick a favorite of the fabric there; all so nicely colorful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whales and the pandas! How cute. I would use either one of those.Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...