Friday, April 18, 2014

(His and Her) Puppy Talk

P is for puppy!!! We love our puppy and we want to celebrate him on the blog today.


My parents have been writing this blog for a while now. I hear them talking about what to post and what to say and it all sounded interesting. I decided to highjack mom's computer and write my own post. This is gonna be fun!

 
This is Mom's favorite picture of me.
Hello! My name is Alex. I am a 12 year old beagle/lab mix. Mom and Dad got me from a local pound when I was around one year old. They celebrate my birthday in June - my "gotcha" day.

 
I love cuddling and snuggling with mommy and daddy!
My previous owners were not very nice to me so I have a few little issues. I am very nervous around strangers and I don't like to visit new places. I hate vacuum cleaners and mops/brooms. I am also very afraid of garbage bags. It makes Mom sad to think about what those evil people did to me. I've pretty much forgotten by now.

 
Surveying the outside world.
My favorite thing to do is play outside. I love to run around our backyard and talk (Dad calls it making a lot of noise) with the neighbor dogs. We stand on each side of the fence and just talk and talk. If Mom and Dad get annoyed, I have to come in. If I come the first time I am called I get a treat. Yummy!

 
My favorite way to sleep is with a blanket that I can scrunch up and use as a pillow.
My favorite treats are dried liver treats from the pet store. I will do just about anything for those. My other favorite foods might surprise you. I love Chick-Fil-A Waffle Fries. I will beg for the fries but walk away when they are eating the chicken. I also love the carrots that come in the Chinese food my mom orders. They are so yummy!


After dinner, I always lick out my dog food can. Don't worry, I've never cut myself. I just like getting all the little bits of juice out of the can before Dad throws it away.

My least favorite thing in the whole world is a bath. I make Mommy sad because she says I am pitiful when I get a bath. I don't know what that means but baths mean being wet and I don't like being wet. I also have to stay outside while I dry and sometimes I want to come inside. Maybe you guys could talk to my mom and dad and tell them that they should stop giving me baths? I would be forever grateful!


Do you have a dog? What kind? If you don't have a dog, I recommend going to the shelter to get one. My life was changed when Mom and Dad picked me. You could change another dog's life by choosing them.


Happy Dog Days,
Alex

5 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable - and so is your puppy. :-)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex is so sweet! Broke my heart to read of his life before coming to your home. I love how he likes to lick his dog food can.

    Thanks for sharing your pup with us!

    We have a dog (or actually the dog has us, LOL :) Sweet corgi Koda :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber & Zoe asked me to type this.... "You go Alex!!! How did you ever get the words to come out right? We have to have our people type for us - our toes hit too many keys at one time and then no one can figure out what we're trying to say. BTW-pitiful is the look you give them when you want those fries -works all the time at our house. Keep up the good work, dude! Live long and woofer." A2Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute! We are firm believers in pound puppies (and kitties, for that matter) at our house. All but one of our current pets are rescue animals. Two out of three of our pups come from abusive pasts. They're both such lovable girls, it's hard to think that someone could have been mean to them. Alex is a lucky boy to have found you. Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a little cutie! And you might have inspired Emma and Duke to highjack my blog some time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...