Wednesday, April 16, 2014

His and Her Nibblers and Other Good Food

N is for Nibblers and Nom Noms!! Yummy!!!


If you are out and about, running errands or driving to a vacation destination, it is nice to know where you can get some great and yummy fast food. Move aside McDonald's and Burger King. It's time for some new fast food on the block!

Zaxby's Nibbler Platter
Source
I was first introduced to Zaxby's a few years ago and was told it was even better than Chick-Fil-A. I found this very hard to believe so I went to see just how true this was. After a few bites of a Zaxby's chicken strip I was a believer. My sister in law suggested one day that I try a "Nibbler" which is a chicken strip that is in a small bun and has a special sauce drizzled on top of the chicken strip. This has become a firm favourite and is what I usually get when I am craving chicken. If you haven't tried Zaxby's and there is one nearby, I highly recommend that you give the Nibblers a try. You won't be disappointed.


Tropical Smoothie King Caesar Wrap with Smoothie

Source
I am a recent Tropical Smoothie food convert. I would go and get a smoothie, but I never tried lunch. Recently, there was a day where I wanted Zaxby's but the line was too long and I went in search of another lunch spot. I headed towards Five Guys, but didn't really want a burger, and I found Tropical Smoothie. I loved, loved, loved the King Caesar Wrap and am already planning what I will order next when I go.
To wash it down, I get the same smoothie each time - a Peaches and Silk. So delish and refreshing!

Tropical Smoothie is a great place to stop for lunch when you want something fast and easy, without being greasy and heavy. I was just as full as if I went to Zaxby's or Five Guys, without all the guilt and stomach-heaviness.


McAlister's Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Source
I love a good grilled cheese sandwich, but it's hard to find a good one when you go out. I saw a 4 Cheese Grilled Sandwich at McAlister's one day, which was marketed as a grown up's cheese sandwich. It had Brie, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, and Parmasan cheese. I decided to give it a try and it was by far the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever tasted, as it is so creamy and tasty. I don't get them very often as the closest McAlister's is over 100 miles away, but it's a nice little treat when I travel.


Bent Fork Express
Down the street from the Norfolk Zoo is a small hole in the wall burger joint called the Bent Fork Express. The burgers are incredible, the milkshakes are refreshing, the hot dogs are superb. Whenever we travel to Ghent we eat lunch here. Sometimes I invent reasons to go to the Ghent area just so we can eat there. 
(Bent Fork is right next door to a McDonald's. It's always interesting to see how dead McDonald's looks during lunch rush, yet there are always people pouring into the Bent Fork.)

Bent Fork Express is the perfect lunch spot in the area. Grab your delicious lunch and sit at a picnic table outside to enjoy it. The kids can play corn hole while you wait. The next time you are in Ghent, head to Bent Fork Express.


Where do you like to stop for lunch on an errand day or during a road trip?


Happy Eating,

6 comments:

  1. We don't have one of those Zaxby's here, but it looks delicious! And I love the flavor of smoothie you get from Tropical Smoothie! It was a good thing I just had breakfast before I visited you today; otherwise I'd really be hungry! I work at home so I grab whatever we have with leftovers or whatnot for lunch :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wrap looks really good, never heard of Zaxbie's. We try to stay away from fast food when traveling, as well as chains so we can eat in unique locations that aren't here; but families traveling with kids have a hard time doing that. Thanks for your recent visit, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what on earth is on those chips? You certainly have different take-away than us in Australia - although we do have McDonalds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's love on first sight for those wraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous! I don't have anything like that where I live, but I've become interested in putting together facsimiles. I'll try to do nachos next, although it hard to find tortilla chips...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want fries with cheese. We are going to a baseball game tonight, though, so I might have a chance. :)

    http://carolsnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...