Monday, December 23, 2013

Her Christmas Recipe Planning

My favorite thing about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is all the time we spend with my parents. Mom and I split the meals as best we can so she isn't doing everything. Here's what Sean and I decided to make. Links are provided in case you want to make these part of your holiday spreads.


Christmas Eve Dinner and Dessert
 Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
We usually have lasagna or baked ziti for Christmas Eve dinner. Sean and I talked about doing something different this year and then I found this recipe on Pinterest. I cannot wait to try it! I hope it is as good as it looks.
Served with: Boiled Potatoes and Garlic Green Beans

 Pecan Pie 
(I found this recipe online a few years ago but I cannot find it now. I don't know where it went!! *confused face*)
Sean loves this pie. He doesn't ask for a lot of dishes from me so I am happy when I find something he enjoys. No one else really eats this pie so he gets it all to himself!


I have made so many things from her website. They are always delicious! This cake did not disappoint. It tastes like a Ho Ho cake, but is not heavy or too rich. We all loved it last year so it is back for another Christmas meal.

Christmas Day
Breakfast
Usually we keep breakfast simple and eat Panera bagels, but this year I found and pinned this recipe and I really wanted to try it. Sean and I found artisan Cinnamon-Raisin bread and Cranberry Walnut bread so I think they will be amazing. I love that I can prep the dish the night before, let it set overnight, and then quickly bake it in the morning. I cannot wait to try this dish!!

Lunch/Snacks
Cheese/Crackers

Candied Pecans by @browneyedbaker :: www.browneyedbaker.com
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a hit - so much so that my dad asked for me to make them for Christmas. He has only asked me to make one thing before (a carrot cake - by the same blogger!) so I couldn't say no. They are such a fun little snack food for midday after all the presents have been opened.

Dessert will be the same as Christmas Eve.   


My mouth is watering seeing all these recipes together. I am also feeling a little stressed, knowing I need to get into the kitchen and get some of these dishes started.

What is on your menu for this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?


Happy Holiday Food Planning,

2 comments:

  1. That french toast looks delish! On our menu is cookies, cookies & cookies (or at least it feels like that's all I've been baking lately, lol). Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM to all! Merry Christmas!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...