Monday, September 23, 2013

His and Her Weekend Shenanigans

We took an impromptu blogging break because the start of the school year is crah-crah-crazy for Amanda and Sean ends up having to pick up slack around the house which makes a busy time for him too. We are going to try setting up the posts on Sunday so we can keep up with the blog throughout our oh-so-busy weeks.

But enough about that - on to our weekend shenanigans...
Sami's Shenanigans
**For those who are new to our blog - WELCOME - purple is Amanda, red is Sean, blue is for both of us. We hope it helps make it less confusing for our readers to know who is talking and sharing. :) **

Saturday night, we went to dinner with Amanda's parents to a Brazilian restaurant about an hour away. The food is so good and well worth the drive. They have a hot and cold "Salad Festival" in the center and then people walk around to your table offering a never-ending supply of rotisserie cooked meats --- such as garlic-parmesan beef (Amanda's favorite), bacon wrapped filet mignon, bacon wrapped ham, sweet and spicy chicken, etc. They also have maple glazed pineapple (my absolute favorite) and grilled vegetables. It is all-you-can eat and everything is delicious! 
Photo: Studying the menu. Got to have the perfect drink to go with the delicious meal. #tucanos
Choosing the perfect drink to go with our meal. We both had the lemonade - Sean mixed his with pineapple and passion fruit. Amanda mixed hers with passion fruit and mango. Yum!
Photo: Table filled quickly with delicious food and drink. #tucanos
The table filled quickly with good food and delicious drinks.
Photo: Walked around the pond after dinner to help get over the feeling of being so very full!! #tucanos
We had to take a walk around the pond outside the restaurant to help digest the food before heading home.
To help digest dinner, I spent the evening knitting. Back in the spring I started a scarf for my sister. I got sidetracked by some other projects but I picked it up again recently and forgot how much I like the pattern and the yarn I chose. I think she is really going to like it when it is finished.
Photo: #Saturdaynightknitting
My sister's scarf - about 2/3rds of the way finished.

On Sunday, while also doing laundry, school work, house work, DVR catchup, and blogging, I finished setting up my September SLANT box for my awesome partner, Wendy. I hope she loves what I put together for her. I can't wait to hear her thoughts!
The SLANT Box Exchange

What did you do this weekend? We hope you were able to enjoy the start of fall.

Happy Monday,

2 comments:

  1. Cassie the kitten helped me wrap your package today, Amanda. Sent with kitten love too. :)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet!!! Alex, the puppy, will be happy to smell that package when it arrives. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...