Sunday, December 30, 2012

His and Her Sunday Social, 12/30/12

Hello everyone! Happy Almost New Year's Eve! It seems so hard to believe that 2012 is ending tomorrow. This year has flown by - wasn't summer vacation just yesterday!?!?

Today we are linking up with Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup to have some social time this Sunday. This is a new link-up for us and we are pretty excited about it! So let's get social...

This Week's Questions:
1. Favorite New Year's Eve you’ve had before:
        Amanda - Two years ago, Sean and I hung out at home with my bestie. We went to dinner at a local restaurant first, then watched a movie (I think it was Hoodwinked), and played Wii. I made cheesecake squares for dessert and we watched the ball drop at midnight. It was very low-key, but so much fun!
 
       Sean -  New Years Eve 2000 was my favourite. I drove about 5 hours to Byron Bay, Australia to celebrate New Years. It was also my mate's 21st birthday. We all headed down to the beach to see the fireworks just prior to midnight along with about 10,000 others. It was a great night just being part of the crowd and celebrating the new year.

2. Are you doing anything for NYE this year and if so what? 
        We haven't talked too, too much about our plans. Right now what we know is that we are going to order pizza from our favorite pizza place, watch a movie (not sure which one - any suggestions??), and play Wii. It's going to be a typical New Year's Eve for us. :)

3. Name a book we should all read come January?
         Amanda - I love stories that are "they meet, fall in love, and live happily ever after!" - total chick lit. Kristan Higgins is one of my favorite authors in this genre.  If you want to read, in my opinion, one of her best, then I would recommend Just One of the Guys.
Just One of the Guys
Source
           Sean - I have been reading a lot of nonfiction lately. One book that I really enjoyed was Waiter Rant which is a story about a waiter and the many weird and wonderful things that happen in a restaurant.

4. What are your new years resolutions?
    Neither of us is big on making resolutions. It is more like goal-setting in the Ironmonger household. Here are the goals/plans we have for 2013:
           Amanda:
                 1.Go back to being a good Weight Watcher (I am tired of being stuck!)
                 2. Stop procrastinating school work - I am a horrible procrastinator when it comes to grading and doing paperwork. I need to stop chatting so much at school and focus on getting more done!
                 3. Read more nonfiction books - I have already found a few through this link-up that I want to read. :)
                 4. Practice knitting (I wanted to phrase this - Become good at knitting - but I thought I would keep it simple. I want to keep up with the knitting and try to be better.)
              Sean:
                     1. Play disc golf more - on a few different courses
                     2. Go back to Glazenfyre more (a paint-it-yourself pottery place)
                     3. Get back into training for triathlons again

Well that is us being social on this Sunday. Thanks Neely for the opportunity to link-up. We hope everyone has a festive and exciting New Year's Eve doing whatever sounds festive and exciting to you!

Happy Sunday,
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I've added your book recommendation to my list too! It looks like a good read.

    ~Christine
    xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...